Turning Point Witney Hub
Turning Point Witney Hub
Monday 9am-7pm (alternate weeks) & Tues-Fri, 9am-5pm
Turning Point Roads to Recovery is an all-purpose drug and alcohol treatment service located in Oxfordshire and commissioned by Oxfordshire County Council.
Turning Point is dedicated to promoting wellbeing and recovery from addiction when you feel ready to take those steps. Oxfordshire services offer a variety of treatment options; offering support to find the right treatment for you to make positive changes.
The team across Oxfordshire includes doctors, nurses, psychologists, recovery workers, support workers, complementary therapists, peer mentor volunteers, counsellors and trainers. There are lots of different people who can offer their support, knowledge and encouragement to help you achieve your recovery.
Turning Point Oxfordshire have service hubs in Oxford, Banbury, Didcot and Witney.
In the west of the county is their Witney hub, offering recovery treatment; included in that is open access sessions, key work sessions and group work. They also offer DrugFam support, which is a peer-led session for family members affected by substance use.
Key functions & activities offered
One of their team will support you to build a treatment plan based on your circumstances. To get the best of their treatment options you will need to commit to attending the sessions.These can be delivered face-to-face, over the phone and online.
- The Resolution Clinic offers a 1:1 consultation where you will be offered Health and wellbeing support through brief interventions. They work with residents of Oxfordshire.
- Family Support - family areas, as designated safe places within the hubs that are children friendly, and parenting groups, a series of 6 sessions that look at the effects substance abuse has on children & their behaviors. They continue to have guest speakers from partnership agencies as well as organising children’s first aid course for parents.
- Shared care - recovery services within various GP surgeries and liaising regularly with the hubs to ensure that you receive the most effective treatment. Everyone accessing treatment within a doctor’s surgery is encouraged to engage with services offered at their local hub to support their treatment.
- My Turning Point is their digital treatment tool. Accessible on smartphone, tablet and computer it provides 24/7 access to a range of guided and self-help sessions that can help with your drug and alcohol use, as well as emotional heath and other wellbeing issues.
- Refresh cafe offers an opportunity to gain valuable work experience and enables people to learn and move forward with their lives, promoting self-confidence, responsibility and a chance to interact with others staff and customers. (For more details about Refresh Cafe, see Daily Services.)