Skip to main content
Burger menu bars Cross to close menu

General guidance

If you believe someone’s health is in immediate danger, please call 999.

If you are concerned about someone rough sleeping, or you are concerned for yourself, contact an outreach team. Here's how.

Oxford outreach team

Call OxSPOT with details and location during office hours on 07590 862049 or email on

Please note that OxSPOT is not an emergency service but will follow up all calls and emails as soon as possible.

Elsewhere in Oxfordshire

Contact Connection Support on 01865 711267 or

About to lose your home? Worried about eviction?

The Homelessness Reduction Act 2017 means that your local council has duties to prevent and relieve homelessness.

Which district council should I contact?

Your local council:

Oxford City Council

Cherwell District Council - 01295 753 751 or 01295 221 531 out of hours

South Oxfordshire District Council - 01235 422 452 or 01235 422 410 out of hours

Vale of White Horse District Council - 01235 422 452 or 01235 422 420 out of hours

West Oxfordshire District Council - 01993 861 000


Once you have contacted your local council, please also consider:

Aspire Oxfordshire - Homelessness Prevention

Connection Support - Housing Support

Connection Support - Benefits Specialist Service

Crisis Skylight - Housing Advice


See also

In every location in England, you can report a concern about someone rough sleeping through the StreetLink website.

If you have a bed in supported accommodation, please speak to your support worker.

I need help with the cost of living

How to help someone rough sleeping in Oxfordshire

I need help

I want to help

This same general guidance page is repeated across our website.

Question not answered? Check the services listed—below, or choose another question—above. Alternatively, drop us a line on social media or get in touch. We will use your feedback to improve the site, and we want to hear from you.